Hand made resonator and open-back banjos, made in the Ozark mountain region of Missouri.
Originally developed from various banjo styles, Snowbird banjos are simple and elegant and can be made as ornate as desired with hand cut inlay.
- October Shop UpdateWhat a crazy ride we’ve had this year, and it only looks to be getting crazier. We are thankful to have our musical instruments to bring enjoyment at home and to offer some escape from the chaos.
- Introducing the Snowbird Barn OwlBanjos are quite often given model names in the Resonator banjo world, but it seems in the Open Back banjo world, they are not. I’ve been planning to introduce another model to the line, which makes it easy for people to order either as an individual or as a music store, but I wasn’t exactly […]
- WhiteHawk – Marijuana MajortoneThis was a fun custom resonator banjo with a customer commissioned Marjuana Inlay motif. This banjo was delayed due to the shutdown and I’m really happy to get it on the road! Here are the specs:
- Some New ChangesWell, we hope you’re doing well in your “Social Distanced” home environment. A lot of you know about my personal ideology and convictions, but I try my hardest to keep it separate from business. As a result of my frustration over current events, I’ve decided to eliminate most of the social media platforms that I […]
- Spring 2020 NewsletterShop Updates Between the end of 2019 and the start of 2020, we finished up 3 new Little Birdies and began to work on a couple custom banjos. In summarizing the year 2019, we tripled the number of banjos we produced and we built the needed jigs and components to make steam bent rims and […]
What Folks Are Saying!
I’ve very pleased with my Snowbird Banjo Company Little Birdie banjo. The workmanship is first rate and the sound and play-ability are absolutely satisfying. I’ve had the opportunity to put my hands on a number of Snowbird’s banjos and have been favorably impressed with all of them. I would unreservedly recommend Snowbird Banjo Company to anyone who wants a good banjo.
A friend of mine gave me an old banjo he found in an old log cabin/house he was tearing down.This old guy(banjo) sat in the corner of my upstairs and I finally thought..”why not get this old guy playable again..so I contacted Jeremy Myers of Ozark Songbird Co.I sent pictures and he said send it his way.I live in Indiana and told him I wasn’t in a big hurry to get it back,but he started working on it right away.He had his work cut out for him on this old guy. Not only was Jeremy very reasonable.. price wise,but he is very picky..which..so am I.He did an excellent job!! He posted pictures of each step and kept in contact with me every step of the way..giving his advice on things I wasn’t sure of.Thank you Jeremy and if another find like this comes along..I’ll be sending it your way for sure.I really appreciate what you have done for me and the old guy that was sitting in the corner of my house…kind of looking sad cause no one would or could play him..lol Not no more..he has come to life again!!!! LOL…
I’m hooked on the craftsmanship and sound quality that my “Barn Owl” Banjo provides and am more then pleased with it! I couldn’t recommend these banjos anymore for anyone just starting out or at the top of there game! Hats off to Snowbird Banjo for truly making a dream come true!!
Little Birdie has suited my music style perfectly. It has a wide variety of rich and full sounds. After nearly a year, there is still nothing I dislike about this beautifully handcrafted banjo. Little Birdie is very easy on the eyes. The mother of pearl inlay is my favorite part and is always commented on and praised by others.